Fallout Nuka Cola Quantum bottles
I have decided to make an attempt on this Instuctable
The shopping list has been quite a headache, but we are getting close, the first few items where easy
- Great Ebay shop
- three 5mm red LEDs
- three 5mm blue LEDs
- two 5mm ultraviolet LEDs (#176-0014)
- one 150 ohm resistor (for the UV LEDs) (#271-1109)
- one mini momentary push button switch (#274-1547)
- one submini slide switch (#275-0409)
- third hand
- black spray paint
- red and blue florescent paint
- .220″ thick acrylic glass
- size K coaxial DC power jack (#274 1565)
Some of the American parts started to get me though:
- 355 ml Mexican Coke bottle
was a bit of puzzler for a man that lives in the UK, but I manged to find it at American Fizz , the next item was even worse, from the inscrutable you can see even Americans are having trouble finding it.
- -a solid metal exhaust gasket 2 17/32″ inside diameter.
This took some dective work, but I managed to track one down at O’reily’s auto parts…. in america, Luckily I know a few Americans from backpacking, and I found out my lovely friend grace is a mere few miles from a store. She has picked me one up, and it should be winging its way accrss the Atlantic any day now.
Now the next part of give me trouble is
- a piece of sheet metal cut to 3.5″ diameter circle
A tricky one, not becuase of the materials, but off the tools required to make it.
Still to find:
- -1/4″ drill bit
-5/64″ drill bit
-about a foot of 20 gauge insulated wire
-3″ PVC cut to 2 1/4″ high
I found that I could get away without much of that when I came back to this project a couple of weeks ago, and I managed to assemble it with what I already had.
I should have taken more notes along the way, but things got kind of busy. I blew quite a few LED’s in my first attempt at making something electronic in quite a long time. Some of the soldering is probably not what you would call pretty either 😛 but it is a great looking lamp and I am pretty proud of it. Was scary as hell the first time I plugged into a real socket, rather than my breadboard.